Sunday, October 7, 2012

First day of training

Weight: 173.2 Bodyfat 12.3% (same as yesterday)  19.8 miles out 100

Morning run (13 miles)

I started my 100 mile week today by a 13 mile trail run called the Green Lakes loop. It is very pretty there and also steep and slow. It took Jason Adams and I 2:15 to complete the loop. My watch died half way into the run so I only have partial data for this run. I should have had two watches with me because my watch was acting up this morning even though it was fully charged...

Link to my morning run: http://app.strava.com/runs/24372893#436003443 



Green Lakes. One of the most beautiful runs on the West Coast of the USA




I am feeling pretty good after this run and could have done another loop at that pace. I'm not sure that would have been the best strategy to make it through a 100 mile week so instead I will run again later today. I will try to do between 6 and 7 miles. So far so good, the body is feeling great. I had a breakfast burrito after the run with eggs, bacon, potatoes and hot salsa.

I ended up falling twice in some creeks because the rocks were icy and I slipped. My shoes are covered in trail sand and wet. Time to put them in the washing machine!


Afternoon run (6.8 miles) 

In the afternoon I ran 6.8 miles on the trail next to my house (Sawyer Park). I ended up running by myself because my wife didn't feel like running. Boo! So I stuck to my plan of running 20 miles on the first day and I felt great. Here's a link to my second run: http://app.strava.com/runs/24372887

Min HR: 71
Avg HR: 138
Max HR: 183

We ended up going to dinner at Pastini at the Old Mill in Bend and I had vegetable soup, rigatoni with squash, spinash and chicken. And of course Tiramisu!

No comments:

Post a Comment